No periods for two months, negative pregnancy test, taken Primolut. Now pregnancy positive. Will it affect the baby?

Question
Hi All, I was went to doctor after two months priods not came,But doctor look pregnancy blood test and it was nagative so then doctor give primolut N. I took 6 tablets within 3 days and waited two weeks but period not started so again i went to doctor but this time pregnancy blood is pasitive.. is it affect baby and what baby future it will acffect?.please advice.
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Andrew Rynne MD 1 hour later
Hi there. Thank you for posting your question with XXXXXXX I will do my best to help you.

You have absolutely nothing to worry about. This kind of thing happens all the time. For example, it is very common for women to continue to take the BC pill not knowing that they are infact pregnant! Hormones, taken "in error" during early pregnancy, pose no threat to the developing foetus.

I hope that I have answered your questions fully and been of some help. If you have anymore questions please contact me again anytime.

Dr Andrew Rynne.

Follow-up: No periods for two months, negative pregnancy test, taken Primolut. Now pregnancy positive. Will it affect the baby? 7 hours later
Thanks for your answered.

Please let me know if go for ultrasound test, will it give clear picture of baby growth and how many times need to take this ultrasound test to monitor the baby growth during pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Andrew Rynne MD 4 hours later

Thank you for your follow-up question.

At about 10 weeks gestation might be the best time for you to have an ultrasound. Please remember however, there is a limit as to what an ultrasound can tell you.

Good luck and don't worry.

Andrew Rynne. MD

Follow-up: No periods for two months, negative pregnancy test, taken Primolut. Now pregnancy positive. Will it affect the baby? 54 minutes later
what is purpose of ultrasound test?please provide clear picture

Answered by Dr. Andrew Rynne MD 6 hours later
Hello again,

Thank you for writing back.

An ultra-sound test during pregnancy can:
(1) Give length on gestation and therefore accurate expected date of delivery.
(2) Sex the baby after 24 weeks.
(3) Show up gross anomalies like anencephaly or spina bifida.

I hope this answers your question.

Please accept the answer if you have no further queries.

Andrew Rynne MD