No periods after stopping birth control. Trying to lose baby weight. Why do I feel lightheaded and abdominal pain?

Good morning. My husband and I are planning for a second child in XXXXXXX so mid-February I had decided to get off of birth control. My period since then has been 30 days which is typical for me. I am currently 4 days late with my period and do not have any signs of it arriving as well as no pregnancy symptoms but I did take three tests to be sure which have all been negative.

I have been working out about 3x a week and the past week I started dieting as well to help me lose my baby fat (gave birth 10 1/2 months ago). I have lost no more then a lb a week so it has not been excessive that I would have thought it would effect my period. I'm 5'4" and weigh 130 currently which I don't think would be underweight for my size.

I have also been feeling lightheaded on ocassion which occurs when I stand up even when it's not a sudden movement and an ocassional light an pain in the lower abdomen.
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 49 minutes later
Since you are only 4 days late for your period, pregnancy is not ruled out entirely. The signs and symptoms of pregnancy sometimes do not appear till the period is overdue by 10 days.
Having dieting may affect your hormonal levels and may result in a delay in the periods.
You can wait for one week more for your periods to arrive after which you can repeat the pregnancy test. In case the test is still negative then you need to consult your gynecologist for an examination and treatment.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.