No periods after stopping Novelon contraceptive tablet. Reason?

My wife was prescribed Novelon contraceptive tablet and consuming for last 6 months. However its more than 5 days now after completing her last tablet and she has not got her periods.
Posted Wed, 10 Apr 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rishma Lakhani 24 hours later

I would like to know when does she usually get her periods after stopping Novelon, as you can wait for 7 days after the last tablet for the periods.

If she usually gets it early then I would advice to go for a home pregnancy test and see, if the test is negative you can wait for 2 more days and she might get her period; if not then repeat the pregnancy test.

If the test is positive then XXXXXXX your gynecologist for further advice.

Do not worry. Sometimes hormonal imbalance can also lead to delay in periods or it might be stress induced.

Don't worry take care.