No periods. Looks skinny. Diagnosis of anorexia. What does these indicate? Diagnosis?

I have a happy, healthy-looking 13 yr. old girl whose vital signs are causing alarms, her menstruation stopped last year, but she has not lost weight or is too skinny, she shows no signs of fatigue/drug use/bulemia/anorexia. - still her Dr wants her in a hospital with a diagnosis of anorexia; tho she shows no signs of it other then the stopped menstruation.
Can you please help with any suggestions for a diagnosis? Again, 13 yr old girl whose vital signs are so bad her Dr wants her in hospital, her menstruation has stopped, but she hasn't lost any weight - any guesses for me ?
Posted Tue, 15 Oct 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Difficult to comment upon.

Detailed Answer:
Hi !

Thank you for your query.

Well looking into your problem and the history you gave I would like to tell you that your main complaint is stopping of menstruation which can arise by a lot of problems that it is just a symptom that can arise from many diseases .

At the age of 13 years sometimes menstruation disturbances occur without any cause because since the process of sexual development is starting disturbances are common .

You should seek advise of an endocrinologist at the because physical examination is also required to look for and rule out other diseases .

The question is not about anorexia but if your doctor feels that she needs admission in hospital , he is the best judge of situation as he has examined your daughter in person plus there is no harm . Her regular blood work up is also essential to see if she is not suffering from some other disease leading to all this. I would advise you to follow your doctors advise .

Wish you good health.

Dr. Shruti
Follow-up: No periods. Looks skinny. Diagnosis of anorexia. What does these indicate? Diagnosis? 17 hours later
Thank you for your answer.
I only tell you about her menstruation stopping because that's why the Dr. thinks it's some form of anorexia, yet I doubt that because she has lost no weight and eats like a 'normal' teenager - the main problem is that her vital signs are bad enough to worry the Dr. to where he wants her hospitalized - so it's mainly her vital signs... as well as the stopping of her menstruation.
I don't need any more help, thank you, this was just a shot in the dark.
I'll follow Dr advice and see where we go.
Appreciate this very much, best wishes... XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 23 hours later
Brief Answer:
Thank you.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Madam,

Its my pleasure if I would have been of any help to you.

Dr. Shruti