Ask a Dentist   »  

No period in two months, barely spotting, gums inflamed, bleeding, bloated after eating, blotching chest. What do you think?

I have not had a period in about two months and still barley spot every two weeks... and today i woke up with my gums so infalmed they were bleeding for an hour after i woke.. even when i spit after rinsing with cold water i spit up blood . i am abnormally bloated every time i eat small or large meals throughout the day .. I am confused why all of this is happening all so recently . my chest has also started blotching and i have no idea why it all would be happening around the same time .. what do you think ?
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 37 minutes later
Hello and thanks for your query,

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.

Spotting, bleeding gums, chest blotching, bloating - look to me like you have something going on in your systemic circulation involving the blood/an issue with blood platelets/coagulation mechanisms - as you seem to have bleeds in your body. The bloating most probably is due to the hyper circulatory changes happening in the GIT blood vessels that get engorged and peristalsis suffers which cannot empty out ingested food. Subcutaneous bleeding of capillary blood can cause blotching due to continuous stretching of chest walls due to breathing.

But, as all of this has been recent, which is good, (means you may be unlikely for a congenital cause) a medical review would be necessary as soon as possible with a doctor. Allergies/drug history would also have to be explored into and blood tests would be needed.

I would suggest that meanwhile; you have vitamin c XXXXXXX food in the diet and vitamin k supplements as they can help the cause of coagulation a little.

Let me know if I have missed out any other concern in your question.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.

Dr Sujeet N Charugulla, MBBS, MD
Consultant Physician.