No improvement with medication for neurodermatitis. What is the cure for open sores and scars on arms and legs?

what can you tell me about neurodermatitis? I have been dealing with it for almost 2 years, and have been treated for it for 7 months. 5 different drugs, 3 creams and I still have open sores and scars on my arms and legs.
Posted Thu, 2 Jan 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query Neurodermatitis also known as lichen simplex chronicus is an auto immune disorders characterised by surely itchy skin which gradually thins out and become scarred. I am sorry to say there is no permanent cure for this. The best way to control it is intra lesions steroid infection. This will help in further extension of disease. To control itch a strong anti histamine like doxepin can be used. Let me know if you have any other doubts. thank you