No erection while masturbating, have been masturbating for many years. Please help me.

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
Hi .. I have a question .. I am Masturbating for more than 8 years ... my penis was having a problem in erection for the past 15 days ... i didnt masturbate for last 10 days. when i masturbated yesterday .. there is no erection .. it not erecting .. plz help me
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in Erectile Dysfunction

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later

Sudden inability to get an erection is most commonly seen due to excessive stress and anxiety, depression, excessive smoking and alcohol intake.

A systemic cause like hormonal disorders is less likely. De-stressing measures like exercise, particularly aerobic exercise is an effective treatment for your problem.

Be relaxed. Eat healthy. Avoid fatty, junk food. Eat more fresh fruits and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables. Drink plenty of water.

Continue these lifestyle changes for two weeks and avoid alcohol and smoking.

If there is no improvement then it would be wise to consult a Urologist to find possible causes of erectile dysfunction by proper evaluation and tests like cavernosometry which can find if you have blood vessel problem or abnormal nervous system which can cause erectile dysfunction.

Good medication and other treatments are available to treat this with evidence and well documented safety and side effect profiles.

I hope this answers your query effectively.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.

Regards.