No blood in urine, stools, prostrate biopsy performed. Can I resume sexual activities ?

I had a prostate biopsy 2 days ago. I have no blood in urine or stool. How long before I can resume sexual activities?
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 38 minutes later

A prostate biopsy is a test by which small samples of tissue are collected and examined under a microscope.It is usually performed when there is any lump or raised Prostate specific antigen.

Its good to know that there is no blood in the stool or urine now.

If everything is fine then it is recommended to resume sexual activities after a week of the procedure.

During the act if there is any pain or blood in the semen consider visiting your treating Physician for evaluation.

Hope this answers your query.I will be available for follow up query if any.