Nipples white on tips,heaviness and soreness in breasts,no period since 56 months

My nipples are white on the tips of them plus breast are heavy and sore feeling. I'm 46 It has been 56 days since my last period
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sunil.N 54 minutes later
Hi ,

Since your history is brief i wanted to know few other things so that i can help you with your problem.
1.Since when these are happening?
2.What is your weight?
3.How were the previous periods,are they regular or delayed?
4.Are you on any medications?
5.Have done any blood test?
6.Have done any scans for this particular problem?
7.Have you noticed any change/ difficulty in the vision ?

Please get back with answers.

Follow-up: Nipples white on tips,heaviness and soreness in breasts,no period since 56 months 2 hours later
My weight is 133 I'm 5'2" my last to periods were lighter then normal I am not on any meds just vitamins no scans or blood work and I been having trouble with my vision plus very sluggish feeling just don't feel like my self lately
Answered by Dr. Sunil.N 11 hours later
Hi ,

Thanks for your reply.

History of:1) white discharge from the nipples(white on the tips) ,heaviness and soreness of the breast.
2)Delayed periods and history of low flow during previous periods.
3)Trouble with the vision.
4)Feeling Sluggishness in the day to day life.
{ however the duration of the above symptoms are not mentioned }

You require a detail clinical examination for the following things:
a)General physical examination which includes looking for paleness in the eye, looking for any thyroid swelling, Breast examination etc..

b)Eye examination for the trouble vision which includes checking for the distant vision, near vision , color vision,Direct opthalmoscopic examination.

c)Per vaginal examination for to rule out the uterine and ovarian causes.

Since i have not examined you clinically it is not appropriate to give out the diagnosis, however by your history i can think of the following possibilities and clinical examination and relevant tests are to be done to arrive at the diagnosis:

1. Hypothyroidism (low blood thyroxine level)

2. Hyperprolactinemia.(It is the increased in the blood prolactin level due to various causes like prolactin secreting tumor , head trauma, post encepalitis etc)

3.Cushings disease.(increased blood cortisol level)

4.Idiopathic Galactorrhea.

The test that may be relevant in the above conditions are:
1.Blood prolactin levels
2.Thyroid profile( T3, T4, TSH)
3.CT or MRI scan of brain
4.Gynaec scan for uterus thickness(myometrial thickness) , size of ovaries ,etc

Considering the above things i suggest you to consult a Neurologist along with a ophthalmologist and a Gynaecologist.

Hope this helps you.

Wish you good health.