Nipples not getting up. Losing confidence. What should I do?

Question
Hi Doctor,
I am 24-years old. from two weeks onwards my nipple is not getting up. i am lossing my confidence day by day. can you please suggest what should i have to do..
Posted Thu, 11 Jul 2013 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. Jay Patel 2 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX

I am Dr XXXXXXX and I will try my level best to help you.

I understand you are going through a rough patch in your life and its normal to feel that way.

Based from the information provided it seem like you are just passing through a phase of minor depression may be due to lack of thyroid hormone or due to some emotional stress.

The feeling of loosing confidence follows after some kind of emotional stress and some time lack of thyroid hormone may cause such feeling.

1) I would advice you to go to near by physician and get your thyroid hormone level checked.
2) Try to relax and best way to get rid of some emotional stress is to have a break and take couple of days off from your regular schedule and refresh your mind.
3) Talking to friend / family about stress will help you deal it in a better way.

Hope it helps, please feel free to contact me in case of any clarifications.

Thank you.
Dr. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX

Follow-up: Nipples not getting up. Losing confidence. What should I do? 5 hours later
If i have done this my nippy will be the normal, because the nippy is not at all getting up.

Answered by Dr. Jay Patel 24 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX

Welcome back.

The answer to your question is YES - the condition is know as retracted nipples, which is caused mostly due to thyroid issues. It will come to normal way once the hormonal imbalance is taken care of.

Thank you.
Dr. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX

Follow-up: Nipples not getting up. Losing confidence. What should I do? 44 minutes later
Hi Doctor,

Thanks for your valuable information.

One more thing is that should i have take any medicines for the thyroid issues.

Thank you,
XXXXX

Answered by Dr. Jay Patel 26 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX

You will need the medication if thyroid deficiency is proved on tests. So nothing to worry, but be careful with the doses of medication, please take them as prescribe.
Keep smiling, and always think nothing is wrong with you, it's just a phase of life, every thing will be fine.

Thanks again.
Dr. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX