Night sweats, fever, tiredness, stomach aches, elevated heart rate. What is wrong with me?

Question
For the past 4 nights I have been having night sweats, waking with a fever of about 100. The fever goes away during the day. I don't feel really sick, mostly just tired. I have occasional stomach pains that cover the entire stomach area. I also have an elevated resting heart rate at all times. It is at 84 bpm versus my usual 60 bpm.
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 12 hours later
Hello

Thanks for the query

I need more details in order to come to a better conclusion

1. Do you symptoms of burning micturation, cough, loose stools?
2. Are the fever spikes reducing or increasing?
3. What relieves the abdominal pain? Do you have painful defecation as well?
4. Are you on any regular medications for any medical ailments?

Please get back to me with the answers, I am awaiting your reply.

I wish you good health

Follow-up: Night sweats, fever, tiredness, stomach aches, elevated heart rate. What is wrong with me? 18 minutes later
Hi Doctor.
1. No problem with micturation, cough or loose stools. All normal.
2. Fever remains low grade, but only starts in the middle of the night and by about 10 am it is gone. Only gets as high as 100.
3. I am starting to feel that the abdominal pain could be trapped gas. Have a little relief when gas is passed.
4. On no medication.

Thanks.

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 15 hours later
Hello

Thanks for replying

Most likely you are suffering from a viral infection because your fever spike pattern is suggestive of it. You could just treat yourself symptomatically with Acetaminophen but if the fever spikes are getting worse then please see a physician to look for a focus of infection.
Dyspepsia is a common problem faced by many healthy people. A quick relief is to take a pantoprazol with domperidone for a week everyorning before food. Eat healthy and on time.

I hope I have answered your query, please accept my answer if you have no further queries

I wish you good health