Night sweats, anxiety, heat intolerance. Due to the nodule on thyroid?

I have been light headed and gettig terrible night sweats and chest anxiety feelings I aslo hve been angry easily and my hair is breaking and nails are very thin.
I have been told I have a nodule on my thyroid can this be causing my symptoms?
I am always cold when everyone else is not and once in a while I get unbareably hot.
Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 26 minutes later

Thanks for the query

Your symptoms are not normal and could be because of increased thyroid hormone action. In such patients there will be symptoms like increased fear, palpitation, increased heart rare and blood pressure, heat intolerance, diarrhea, irregular periods, etc

Please see a doctor as soon as possible. A blood test with thyroid profile including Serum TSH, T3 and T4 levels will confirm the same.

Since you are also complaining of a thyroid swelling, we need to determine whether it is a hot (hyperactive) or cold one.

Do not worry about your symptoms. Hyperthyroidism can be controlled with certain medications. The other options apart from medicines currently available are radiotherapy and also surgical excision of the thyroid.

I strongly recommend you to go to a physician as soon as possible. I wish you a speedy recovery. Please accept the answer if you do not have follow up questions.

With regards.