Night shivers after a shower. Symptom worth worrying?

Nightly my husband has begun Shivering after shower that almost seems like shock. Is this a symptom of importance?
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 19 minutes later

Shivering after shower is a relatively common phenomenon. I suppose he does not have any other symptoms like cough, cold or fever at present.

I suggest the following:

1. Have a shower with warm water.

2. Measure the body temperature with a clinical thermometer. If the reading is normal, you should not worry.

3. Immediately after shower do not move out of the shower. Get some warm clothes on after drying the body with towel and then move outside the bathroom.

4. Also considering the history of chronic depression, I suggest your husband to get serum TSH (Thyroid Stimulating Hormone), T3 & T4 levels (Test for thyroid) tested after consultation with your treating Physician. That will also rule out the possibility of cold intolerance related with Hypothyroidism.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case there are no further queries.

Wish your husband a good health.

Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra