Next step after absent periods despite taking Norethisterone?
User rating for this question
Hi, we have been trying to get a baby for the past 8 months but failed.my periods are irregular due to PCO's. my last period was on dec 10 2013. I didn't get periods on XXXXXXX and feb also. So i went to a doctor and she prescribed me noresthiterone for 5 five days (2 tablets twice a day) and Ova mit. She asked me to take ova mit on my 2nd day of periods. I finished taking noresthiterone on feb 10. But my periods haven't come yet. Now i'm very confused. What should be my next step? Please help.
Posted Sat, 8 Mar 2014 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 20 minutes later
Brief Answer: Better to wait for 3 to 4 days Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. Hormonal imbalance will be there in polycystic ovary disease. It can present with irregular periods, anovulation etc features. Progesterone tablets can induce withdrawal bleeding by acting on estrogen primed endometrium. But sometimes it may take 7 to 10 days to induce the withdrawal bleeding. So, better to wait for 3 to 4 days. Possibly by that time you will get withdrawal bleeding. If you do not get withdrawal bleeding even after 4 days, there could be imbalance of both estrogen and progesterone hormones. In that case combined hormonal pills will help in inducing withdrawal bleeding. So after 4 days, if your doctor suggests you can go for them. Hope I have answered your question. I will be available to answer followup questions. If you are satisfied with the response, please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.
People also viewed
- Color of sperm and sperm count
- Is neosporin good for a red penis
- Missing a period after taking norethisterone
- Color for high sperm count
- Next step after absent periods despite taking norethisterone
- Pod collection of follicle study
- Nuts are good for stomach problems
- Staphylococcus saprophyticus colony morphology
- Periods absent after taking norethisterone
- Colloid goiter and infertility
- Not good to wear socks while sleeping
- When taking norethisterone will my next period be late
- Is rhinatiol good for runny nose
- Period despite taking norethisterone
- Why rna polymerase is a good name