Newly wedded. Missing period. Faint line seen on HPT. Is the test result positive?

Hello Doctor,

I was married on 16-Dec-2012. My Last Menstraul Period was 19-Dec-2012. I did not get any period on 19-Jan-2013 and later on. Did a Urine Pregnancy Test on 25-Jan-2013 and it showed faint pink color in the test line. Also did another test next day (26-Jan-2013) and it also showed a faint pink color in the test line but was better visible compared to previous day. Is the test result positive?
Posted Mon, 4 Mar 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 6 hours later

Welcome and thanks for the query

Yes , if the colour of the test line has become darker it means it is positive but chances of false positive results are there in some cases so it is better to get an ultrasound done to see the gestational sac and cardiac activity since it is 6 weeks pregnancy now.You can get hCG levels done in blood to reconfirm.As it is your first pregnancy so please continue with it and do not forget to take folic acid supplements.

Best wishes and
Good luck
Any further query is most welcome
Follow-up: Newly wedded. Missing period. Faint line seen on HPT. Is the test result positive? 2 days later
Hello Madam,

I went for doctor visit yesterday. She did Per-Abdominal Ultrasound. I uploaded the report. Please verify and advise. I was confused "doctor yesterday told that my baby's growth was slow and resembles 6 wk 5 days whereas it should be somemore big in size as you are 8 wk 1 day". Now, the question is Am I "8 wk 1 day" or "6 wk 2 day". She counted from LMP which was 19-Dec-2012. I counted from 5-Jan-2013 which is 14 days before the next due period (i.e. 19-Jan-2013) which is the actual conceive date (right?). Going with my calculation the ultrasound scan which says 6Wk and 5 days is correct right? She also gave me HCG5000 injection yesterday as a preventive measure against miscarriage. She told that 2 more such injections have to be given for another 2 weeks. Are there any side-effects with this injection? Should I consult another doctor? Please advise.
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 14 hours later

Welcome once again

Your report is good as it is showing pregnancy of 6-7 weeks which is measured by crown rump length.The duration may vary and it is to be seen in follow up ultrasounds.Yes , you can take inj hCG which is given to prevent miscarriage and there is no harm in taking them , four injections can be taken at weekly intervals.You should take folic acid supplements and diet XXXXXXX in XXXXXXX vegetables and fruits.Do not worry about the LMP at this stage.Intrauterine growth retardation is seen in second and third trimester.Get all the investigations done under your doctor's guidance like ABO and Rh typing , blood sugar , HIV , HbsAg , thyroid profile , TORCH test etc.Do not take any stress.
Good luck and best wishes once again