New effective treatment for spinal stenosis?

Spine Surgeon
I typed in a question about spinal stenosis Is there any new effective treatment?
Posted Sat, 3 Aug 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 48 minutes later
I would like to know more about your complaints. Any back pain? Numbness tingling in legs after walking? How much can you walk comfortably?
Treatment depends upon clinical symptoms and mri pictures.
Are you talking about non operative or operative treatment. I would suggest to get bavk with above information and if possible please upload mri report. Thanks.
Follow-up: New effective treatment for spinal stenosis? 35 minutes later
My first experience was unbearable back pain for a long time . Subsequently I had a remission for 5 years with no pain but now it seems to be starting again but has not progressed to severe pain for some time. Do you think it may stay just a mild stiffness and pain. I can't find the MRI
Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 4 hours later
Thanks for the information.
Degenerative changes in the spine causes the back pain and spinal stenosis. if you have tolerable pain then definitely you can consider physical therapy. There are various techniques in physical therapy and depending upon pain level they are tried.
I would suggest to get a fresh MRI first to know the exact situation in the spine and how severe is the stenosis. After that you can consider this treatment.
Thank you.