Never had intercourse or penetration. But had till outer area. What are the chances pf getting pregnant?

Question
I never had any intercourse or even penetration. But we did do some messing around in genital parts. I am afraid if I am pregnent.What are the chances of getting pregnent if the is no penetration but semen is near vaginal area and somehow reaches uterus
Posted Fri, 19 Jul 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 4 hours later
Hi XXXXX

There is no such thing that can happen in the way you are expressing. I mean to say, you cannot get pregnant this way at all. The chances are almost zero.

I hope it is clear to you.

You may want to practice safe sex, use condoms and have a happy sexual life.

Follow-up: Never had intercourse or penetration. But had till outer area. What are the chances pf getting pregnant? 1 hour later
Just to be sure, When is the probable time in whch women can conceive?
We did use condoms but I read over the net that it should be used as soon as there is erection but i am not sure about it. Also some places it was written that even rubbing a penis (not penetration) can cause pregnency.
Thanks for the reply.

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 1 hour later
Hi XXXXX

Not everything that is written on the net is true. In your case, you cannot get pregnant this way.

The probable time for most women to conceive is 14 days prior to their next menstrual date.

You need to use the condom once the erection is reached to the peak.

Rubbing penis can never cause pregnancy.

Follow-up: Never had intercourse or penetration. But had till outer area. What are the chances pf getting pregnant? 2 minutes later
Thanks. I am quite relieved. Just another question, if I doubt a pregnency when can i take pregnency test (@home). Is it reliable? Can it be taken as soon as you miss a period by 2-3 days? Or should we wait for 10-15 days and then test it ?

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 1 hour later
You could take the pregnancy test one week after missing the period. It is reliable by 85 to 90%.

Taking the test within 2-3 days of missing the period is not ideal. The result may not show up good. 10-15 days is excessively long to take a test. Please do it at 1 week's time.

If you are satisfied with my response, please write a review. Thank you so much!