Never had any sexual intercourse and never masturbated. Want to know if my hymen is still intact?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Excellent
Question
I want to know if my hymen is still intact, am XXXXXXby name and am 21.. I have never had any sexual intercourse, and I have never masturbated before. I tried locating my hymen using a mirror, but am very confused as to where it is. I took a picture of it, if you don't mind I could send you the pictures, so you help me take a look at it and tell me if my hymen is still intact
Posted Thu, 30 May 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 40 hours later

Yes, your hymen is appearing intact according to the picture.
But it is not appearing as complete ring, that can occur due to daily activities like exercises, playing sports, cycling etc.
So no need to worry about it.
According to the picture there is little white discharge.
If you are having any problem with that consult gynecologist once.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Never had any sexual intercourse and never masturbated. Want to know if my hymen is still intact? 56 minutes later
Thanks doctor, but what do you mean by it is not appearing as an opening ring? Does this mean its partially not intact?
Thanks doctor, but what do you mean by it is not appearing as an opening ring? Does this mean its partially not intact? I exercise everyday just to maintain my weight and also be healthy, I run on the treadmill daily for 60minutes. Do I have to stop so my hymen doesn't break?

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 20 minutes later
The shape of the hymen varies from woman to woman.
Some women may have ring like hymen and in some women the hymen may cover vaginal opening only partially.
That can be seen by birth in some women and in some the daily activities as I told before can lead to partial tear.

Fore more details, view this link: WWW.WWWW.WW html?filters[term]=hymen&filters[primary]=images&filters[secondary]=videos&sort=1&o=6

In it the hymen in the first picture is only partially covering the vaginal opening and not appearing as complete ring but it is normal only.
So no need to worry about the shape.
Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Never had any sexual intercourse and never masturbated. Want to know if my hymen is still intact? 13 minutes later
ok doctor, I have seen it. You said I shouldn't worry about the opening as my hymen is still in intact?

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 6 minutes later

Yes, no need to worry about that.

Wish you good health. If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.