Never get erection. Have to try artificial stimulation by touch, rubbing & masturbation. Suggestions?

Hello Doctor,

I never get an erection or stimulation or aroused or excitement from my female partner. It is never natural or spontaneous & I have to try mechanical / artificial stimulation by touch, rubbing & masturbation. Also the quality of erection is not hard enough. It also lasts for a short while. Please advise how do I enter & penetrate in my partner ? so as to have & complete an intercourse.
Posted Thu, 29 Aug 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 6 hours later

It appears that you have problem of Erectile Dysfunction and need to be evaluated thoroughly to establish the cause.

I understand your concerns. Men do face such issues.

Please get the following investigations done.

1) Routine Haemogram and Routine Urine test
2) Blood Sugar levels on empty stomach and 2 hours after lunch to rule out Diabetes
3) Thyroid Hormone assessment to rule out any thyroid disease
4) Hormonal study like Serum Testosterone, Serum Prolactin, Leutinising Hormone (LH) to rule out any abnormal hormonal imbalance or deficiency
5) Ultrasound study of scrotum
6) Penile Doppler Ultrasound Scanning of the penis to rule out any arterial insufficiency or venous leak

Further treatment will be decided depending upon the results of these tests.

Do write back to me after the results.

Dr. Patil