Never been pregnant, no birth control, unprotected sex with same man for 10 years

conception I have never been on any type of birth control, and I have never been pregnant. I have been with the same man for 10 yrs we don't use protection. could there be something wrong with me?
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 1 hour later
If you are doing intercourse in the safe period then there is a possibility of not being pregnant.
Mid cycle ovulatory period is the period of conception.It is usually from 11th to 14th day of the cycle.
If you want to conceive then go for the investigations otherwise there is no problem.
Any further query is most welcome
Follow-up: Never been pregnant, no birth control, unprotected sex with same man for 10 years 1 hour later
I was 2 days late for my period this month and I'm never late is that normal? I am trying to conceive do you have any suggestions on fast conception?
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 2 hours later
Welcome back.

If you are two days overdue you should do pregnancy test in urine.
If it is negative then go for the following tests :

Semen analysis.
Ultrasound preferably TVS for follicular studies from 11th to 14th day of the cycle.
Hysterosalpingography to see the patency of the tubes.
Serum FSH on third day.
Serum LH in the midcycle.
Thyroid function tests.

You can start tablet folic acid 5mgm twice daily.

Take tablet clomiphene citrate 50 mgm from 5th to 9th day of the cycle after consulting all these with your gynaecologist.

Hope i have answered your query.Any further query is most welcome.