Neurological problems. History of TPO antibodies and TB. Can I be re-infected with TB?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
hi can a person with tpo antibodies and a past history of tb ie 50 yrs previously and now presenting with neurological problems be reinfected with tb
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 23 minutes later
Antibodies against thyroid peroxidise (TPO) are indicative of autoimmune nature of the thyroid problem. Past infection with tuberculosis does not provide you any immunity against a possible re-infection. Diabetes decreases your body's XXXXXXX immunity and predisposes to infections like tuberculosis.
Neurological symptoms, as such, may be related to many causes which can be ascertained only after a detailed examination and appropriate investigations.
Tuberculosis can lead to neurological symptoms but a definitive diagnosis needs to be made before coming to any conclusions.
I hope this answers your query effectively.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.