Nervous, crying episodes, confustion. PMS or reaction to Motrin or extra calcium?

I have anxiety & depression tendancies, I am on Effexor ER & Klonopin for that & it has helped me for along time, I also have migraines but take Neurtoin to prevent them. I am on my menstural cycle this week & have been taking Mortrin 400mg every 6-8 hrs. to help prevent migraines & about a month ago I started taking magnesuim 400mg daily broken up into 2 doses & it also contains Zinc & Calcium. The total calcium I take is around 1450mg between what is in my daily multi-vitamin & the magnesium, This week has been really bad, extrememly nervous, crying espiosodes, confustion, & just a general feelilng of helplessness. I am wondering if this is just normal PMS or is it a reaction to the Motrin or extra Calcium, I read that it could be related to either. Please help, I feel like I'm lossing my mind & I'm a nervous wreck.
Posted Wed, 12 Sep 2012 in Anxiety and Stress
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 42 minutes later
Thanks for writing in to Heathcare Magic!
Motrin is a bit harsh drug for you.
I would suggest a more effective and good profile drug for premenstrual syndrome- Meftal spas thrice a day two day prior and one day post maximum flow day.
The amount of calcium you are taking is not more if you are above 60kg but if you are below that then you should take about a 1000mg/day dose.
You can add tab Alprazolam to improve on anxiety symptoms.
If you have any further query please let me know I would try to answer it for you.
Wish you a great health!