Nerves attached to testicles felt bigger. Is this cause for concern?

Today while in the shower I checked my testicles and on my left side the nerves attached felt bigger than then one on my right but my testicle was still the same size as the one on the right.....I was wonder what that meant
Posted Thu, 16 May 2013 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 2 hours later

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

This could be because of enlargement of the veins on one side. This is what is called varicocele.

Normally there is upward blood flow in the veins of the testicles. If there is a problem with the valves of the veins or obstruction to the flow of the blood vessels then these veins can enlarge and varicocele occurs.

Most of the cases of variocele do not have any specific cause for their development and are termed idiopathic. Most of these develop on the left side.

Some times there may not be symptoms of varicocele. Some times there may be dragging sensation or feeling of heaviness in the testes. This is one of the various causes of male infertility. A variocele feels like a bag of worms on palpation.

Secondary variocele could be because of a malignancy causing obstruction to the flow of blood.

I request you to get examined by your doctor for diagnosis and further management.

Hope I answered your query.