Nerve, sensation damage, numbness in legs, lower back. Used too much meth. How to heal the numbness?

Nerve / sensation damage from using To much Meth. From the waste down it feels like tingling, numbing , down both legs and lower back. I've been to Dr. 5 days ago and they said rest and eat and fluids over time I'll get better. They took blood and Urin samples both were normal. Would Massage, certain oils be helpful because I still feel a lot of numbness, I'm also taking Etodolac Med. for pain
Posted Fri, 26 Apr 2013 in Drug Abuse
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 4 hours later
Hi and thanks for query,
The tingling sensation you are feeling certainly are symptoms of a problems with the nerves, generally called peripheral neuropathies. This could also be due to a lesion at the level of the lumbar nerve roots that supply the lower limbs with nerves.
A critical evaluation is first of all required. A complete blood count and medical history to ascertain all risk factors and exposures are important. Examinations such as the X XXXXXXX and scans of the spine could be done to be sure its not nerve root compression problem. Electromyogrammes, nerve exams within the muscles in the lower limbs shall also be important.
A fast conclusion to start oils and massages in my humble opinion should be retarded a bit, until a clear causative analysis of these symptoms are well elucidated.
I suggest you book an appointment with a neurologist for a proper clinical evaluation.
However, oils and massage, parts of physiotherapy usually help. This also depends largely on the cause of these symptoms.
Thanks and best regards,
Luchuo, MD.