Nerve pain, chest pain, no stress. Related to heart or brain?

Neurologist
Question
FOR NEUROLOGISTS - DAILY A NERVE IN A BRAIN IS STRESSED WITHOUT REASON AND I GET A PAIN IN A HEART. IF THERE IS NO STRESS IN BRAIN, NO PAIN IN HEART. THIS HAPPENS FREQUENTLY IN A DAY. IS THIS A PROBLEM OF BRAIN OR HEART. PLEASE HELP
Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Shiva Kumar R 1 hour later

You have daily symptoms of nerve pain which also hurts your chest. The symptoms you have described looks like related to the nerves rather than problem in the heart. Chest pain usually comes on exertion like walking, climbing stairs and may or may not be associated with palpitations, breathing difficulties. However it is not associated with nerve pains in the head.

Also you have daily problems of the nerves in the head and the chest. When someone has excess stress, they can experience pains in the nerves of the head, neck, shoulder, chest and back. You can even have few points in the body which may be painful to touch (fibromyalgia).

So I recommend you to get yourself evaluated from a Neurologist to confirm the same. As cardiac problems can be associated in most people with stress, get it evaluated with a ECG, ECHO and if required a stress test. Get your blood pressure and confirm that you don't have hypertension. You may need X XXXXXXX of cervical spine to rule out cervical spondylosis. You need to have some relaxation exercises or yoga to reduce your daily stress.

I hope this answers your query. In case of any doubts, I am available for the follow ups.

Regards.