Nerve grafting done for brachial plexus injury. Have paralyzed hand and neck pain. Any relief?

Nov 2013

My name is XXXXXXX I had a brachial plexus injury in 1997, with subsequent nerve graft 6 months later. My problem is unbearable pain shooting from the graft in my neck to my right hand which is paralysed. The severity of the pain has increased lately, I dread what will happen in the future, I am 75 years. the nerves avulsed were C7 C8. Nerve graft using sural nerve from left leg. Phrenic to MCN, Accessory to Axillary nerve.
Posted Sun, 17 Feb 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 1 hour later

Thank you for posting your query.

I can understand your discomfort on account of the pain.

There are good medications available to reduce the neuropathic pain that you are having.

Some options include pregabalin or gabapentin capsules. You would feel much better with them.

Please consult your neurologist for advice.

Wishing you good health,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist