Negative biopsy results for prostate cancer. Noticed blood in urine. Should I consult a doctor?

My husband has had tests and biopsies for prostate cancer, which have all come back as negative. However, today he has noticed that twice AFTER peeing there is blood when he has wiped his penis on the toilet paper. He is 74 years old. Do you think we should go back to hospital or just see GP??
Posted Sat, 23 Feb 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 2 hours later
Blood after urination can be due to following conditions.
1. Urethral injury.
2. Prostatitis
3. Seminal vesicle involvement
4. Cystitis
5. Renal stones or uretric stones.
6. Carcinoma of any of above structures.

I would like to know whether there is any pain, as most of the above conditions are painful.

Painless hematuria is much more XXXXXXX as it occurs mainly in cancer

Going to hospital is a better option, as he is also on aspirin which can aggravate the bleed.

Let me know if you have any more questions

Thank you