Negative HPT, unable to smell, hungry, irritability, cramps and spotting, sore breasts, headache, nausea

May 2013
I am having a lot of pregnancy symptoms, but a negative HPT. Now what? I'm pretty sure i'm pregnant, unless there is something else it could be?

I haven't been able to smell for a long time and now i can. I'm tired all the time. I'm hungry, but i'm picky and didn't used to be. I'm feeling unfamiliar emotions like extreme irritability. I'm on the pill and instead of getting a period this month i just had killer cramps and spotting. I have mouth sores, my breasts are really sore, and i have a headache throughout the whole day. I feel nauseous most of the time and i throw up occasionally for no reason.

If i am pregnant i have no idea how far along i would be. I don't think i'm showing yet. I don't have a scale to check my weight.
Posted Wed, 3 Oct 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 35 minutes later

As you are taking the contraceptive pills the chance of pregnancy is less in case of regular and timely usage.
The pregnancy can be expected if:
-You missed pill.
-As you are having history of liver dysfunction that may affect the metabolism of pills.
-Contraceptive pills are having some amount of(though very low) failure rate.

The spotting you had could be because of the pills as they can cause menstrual irregularities.

So you better consult gynecologist and undergo blood test for pregnancy which will rule out the possibility.
If comes negative you can get investigated for the cause of your symptoms like hormonal disorders and treatment can be taken accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.