Needle prickling sensation on palms and foot. Remedy?

Question
needle prickling sensation on palms & foot.Please suggest remedies for the same.
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 13 minutes later

You seem to be suffering from peripheral neuropathy. This is common in people with long standing diabetes. This occurs due to the toxicity of the increased glucose levels, damage to the blood vessels that supply the nerves and other reasons.
I would suggest that you consult your Proper control of the blood sugar levels is essential
•     Take a well balanced, nutritious diet with plenty of XXXXXXX leafy vegetables.
•     Exercise regularly
Further treatment would depend on the nerves affected and the symptoms

I hope this answers your query. I will be glad to reply any follow up queries that you have.

In case you do not have follow up query, please accept the answer.

Dr.Pragnesh