Need to worry about painful lumps under ankles and back pain?

I have soft and squishy small lumps under my ankle bone on both feet. They are causing slight pain. I have had the off and on for a number of years. I have had back surgery and mant epidurals and freezing of nerves, pain meds, etc. for back pain. Because of the constant back pain due two major falls over the years. Should I be worried. I am obese, 64 yo married woman. Because of back issues have limited mobility. Than you.
Posted Tue, 4 Mar 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Lipoma Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query The small squishy lumps are most likely to be lipoma. Which is nothing but aggregation of fat cells. It is very common and most often no intervention is required If the lumps under your ankles are not growing in size, colour or if the pain is not increasing in intensity then I recommend leaving it alone. I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me I wish you good health Regards