Need to work due to contractual obligations. How to obtain time for treatment?

Hello. I am in a real quandry. I am under a teaching contract, but have become ill and can't go back to the classroom next week. I went to the doctor (an HMO) and my suspicions were confirmed. He is out of town, but I need a note from a physician saying that I should not return to work the first day back. If I don't get one, I will be in breach of my contract and could lose my license. I need to have the time to find out what's wrong with me. What is my recourse? Is there a way to get something in writing?

Posted Sat, 10 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Vidya KR 5 hours later

Thank you for the query.

Your history suggest you have hypertension. So adhere to your drugs with at least once a month BP check up for monitoring.

Based on your diagnosis, current illness and the treatment you are taking, doctor can give you medical certificate stating the medical reason behind the absence of work and that will help you in preventing the problem. To know whats wrong in you, discuss your problems with doctor and get relevant investigations and then based on diagnosis we can manage.

Have adequate regular sleep, plenty of fluids, nutritious diet with required calorie and regular outdoor exercises. Hope I answered your question. Consult your doctor for further management.

Feel free to ask if you have any further queries or doubts and I shall be glad to help you out. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Wish you good health. Take care.