Need to put on weight. Can I eat ragi. Suggest?

Hi Doctor,
I want to put on weight my weight is less when compared to my height so can i eat ragi ball very day to put on weight,i have this confusion because some says i reduces the body weight & visa versa . so can you tell me what can be done
Posted Sat, 28 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes, ragi is good to gain weight

Detailed Answer:

Yes, ragi does help to gain weight provided you work out simultaneously.

Consuming protein XXXXXXX foods and working out in gym or simple exercises will help to incorporate the proteins into the muscle. This will help you gain healthy weight.

Hence do consume lots of pulses, milk and milk products, non veg, and vitamin supplements.

Hope, I answered your query.