Need to get rid of post-pimple red marks on cheeks. Suggest suitable cream to reduce them in a week.

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
hi..i need to get rid of post pimple red marks on cheeks for an occasion next weekend. Any chance of reducing them in a week? If so..please suggest a suitable cream.
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Acne
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 1 hour later
Thanks for posting the query.
I assume you have been to your dermatologist since the creams you are applying are the apropriate treatment for reducing acne scars .
But I am sorry to say that no such cream can get rid of the marks in a week, sometimes even a month.But there are some extreme measures like dermabrasion or glycholic acid peels( GAP ) therapy which can be done by your dermatologist or cosmetologist.Yet there is a risk of damage to the skin so it can only be done after your dermatologist examines your scar and feels it is advisable.These therapies too might need several sittings for complete scar removal.
So I would advise you better consult a cosmetologist and if possible avoid any haste in clearing the marks.Its better to conceal them using make up rather than trying drastic chemical therapies on your skin.
Hope I have answered your query.
I'll be available for any follow up queries.
Follow-up: Need to get rid of post-pimple red marks on cheeks. Suggest suitable cream to reduce them in a week. 23 hours later
Alright..I think not hurrying up for the results and being patient would earn good results for me. Thanks. I stay in Chennai since I got posted in Infosys there.But something is not suiting me here maybe water or the food or the timings of food intake. I frequently face acidity problems which was never in my history despite doing yoga & exercising for half an hour every morning. Wanted a suggestion on simple but healthy diet to keep my skin healthy and the stomach clean which is definitely the root cause for pimples i guess.
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 2 hours later

Thanks for the follow up.

Acidity and acne sometimes could be due to stress, as stress disturbs the hormonal balance of our body. stress induced gastritis is very common and usually goes unnoticed. It resolves on its own once the stress reduces.

No matter how nutritious a diet you have, if you dont eat at regular intervals it is of not much help.
So eat five small meals a day if possible at regular intervals of which the breakfast should be as nutritious as possible including cereals and milk and nuts or eggs or veggies. Include XXXXXXX leafy vegetables atleast thrice per week, preferably daily one serving.

Avoid or minimise coffee, XXXXXXX fried foods, salty snacks, too spicy gravies.

Drink plenty of water and you can try home made remedies like amla and alovera juice which sometimes helps in cleansing the gut.

It's good that you practise yoga it wil help reduce your hormonal imbalance if any.

Hope I have answered your query.

Please accept the reply if you have no further queries.