Need to find a doctor to treat Herpes Zoster

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Please suggest me a specialist doctor for Herpes zoster in kolkata.. please.... it is urgent
Posted Tue, 29 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 8 minutes later
Hi there.

According to the clinical history, it appears she may be having Herpes zoster infection which may be affecting her eyes and skin.

This needs to be addressed by Ophthalmologist or Eye specialist first. After that you can consult Dermatologist or Skin specialist.

Kindly consult these Specialists at a good Government Tertiary Care Hospital in Kolkata like Government Medical Colleges.

She can wear dark goggles to avoid sunlight exposure to eyes. Keep her warm. Get her examined by the Doctors as soon as possible.

Wishing speedy recovery.

Follow-up: Need to find a doctor to treat Herpes Zoster 44 minutes later
we have shown her to our general doctor. he suggested to show a neurosurgeon. kindly give me the specific name of a doctor in kolkata treating such a disease.
Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 2 hours later

Thanks for the reply.

A leading Neurosurgeon can be found in both Calcutta Medical College Hospital, Nil XXXXXXX Sircar Medical College Hospital, or IPGMER Hospital.

It is best to consult HOD (Head of Department) of either of these Hospitals, whichever is close to your Home.

You may take an appointment with HOD Neurosurgery best in morning 9:00AM.

The Doctors will be working o rotation basis so the particular Surgeon may not be available on certain days. Hence kindly ask for HOD Neurosurgeon for consultation.

I hope I have answered your query.