Need suggestion on abortion pills and its usage. Wish to get abortion at home. Is it safe & what is the process?

Hi can you pls suggest me any abortion pill and its usage. I want to get abortion done at home. Is it safe and how we go about it?
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Abortion and Stillbirth
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 8 minutes later
methotrexate,mesoprostol and mifiprestone) is effective if pregnancy is less than seven weeks. Get an ultrasound done to confirm the period of gestation. If it is less than 7 weeks then MTP by medical methods can be done.

For this purpose, you need to get an examination done and the drugs prescribed from your gynecologist. You will be asked to come to the clinic and then oral mifiprestone tablet will be given to you. If your blood group is Rhesus-negative you will have an Anti-D injection.

Then you will be asked to come back from home after 6 hours or 2 days later. At this visit, misoprostol tablets are placed in the vagina. The misoprostol tablets will cause you to have cramps and bleed heavily. This usually starts about 2 hours after using the misoprostol and the process of abortion is completed within 4 or 5 hours after taking the misoprostol.

After abortion, you will have to take a repeat ultrasound to check the status of pregnancy. If there are any retained products of conception then you may need a D+C (dilatation and curettage).
These drugs are to be taken under Medical Supervision as it can cause serious effects as nausea,vomitting,fever,pain, excessive vaginal bleeding and sometimes incomplete abortion can also occur causing the remnants to remain.
Please do not use these without a medical supervision.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Need suggestion on abortion pills and its usage. Wish to get abortion at home. Is it safe & what is the process? 13 minutes later
Hi I am unmarried can u pls suggest me how will the doctor ask questions to me
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 23 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
Your doctor will be helpful and empathic once you will tell her the truth.
Please do not worry. You can get your pregnancy terminated under medical care.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.