Need some information on HIV drug and its side effect

Where do patients get HIV drug information? Specifically on the side-effects, how do I know which drug is causing the side effects when I am receiving a drug cocktail
Posted Tue, 30 Apr 2013 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 25 minutes later
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

HIV medications are powerful drugs and can be associated with significant side effects. There are some side effects that are common to most of these medications and others that may be specific to the particular drug.

Common side effects are fatigue, nausea, vomiting,headache, abdominal pain, diarrhoea and decreased appetite.

There are some reputable web sites that list the side effects of all the HIV drugs such as WWW.WWWW.WW (they have a chart with the different drugs and potential side effects) and WWW.WWWW.WW
Alternatively you can list the specific names of the drugs being used and I can check the side effect profile for you on doctor specific web sites.

If the effects are intolerable and difficult to treat, you may need to speak to your doctor about what can be done.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions