Need some details on huntington's chorea. Looking for a genetic counselor

I would like to consult about Huntington chorea and looking for a genetic counselor.
Posted Fri, 24 Aug 2012 in Genetics
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 47 hours later

I would like to understand if you have any specific question regarding Huntington's Chorea.

As you already might understand there is defect in chromosome 4, where there is CAG nucleotide repeat. Generally it repeats 10 to 30 times but in this disease it repeats more around 30 to 120 times. The severity of the disease is determined by the number of repeats.

The complications of this include loss of ability to care for self, inability to interact, depression etc. The family has to take care of hygiene, cleanliness of the diseased.

If you are considering children you should definitely speak to a counselor physically. You can XXXXXXX the prominent ones in Bangalore:

1) Dr. Sridevi Hegde , MBBS,TCH, Ph.D ( Head of Department, Genetics), Manipal Hospital
2) Dr. XXXXXXX Kini, GM Healthcare, Ulsoor

You can write to YYYY@YYYY if you wish them to fix an appointment with any one.

Hope this helps.
Follow-up: Need some details on huntington's chorea. Looking for a genetic counselor 12 minutes later
I sent a mail to customer care to fix an appointment
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 3 minutes later
Pleasure to help you. If you do not have further queries you may close the discussion and rate my answer.

If you have direct queries in future you may directly post through my profile page, WWW.WWWW.WW