Need second opinion regarding surgery with reference to the breast biopsy and mammography

Question
My gen surgeon ask me to have ultrasound of the breast, biopsy and the last is mammography..when i submit the mammography result, he didnt read and study the results. He wants an operation already. I will attached my laboratories so you can give me a second opinion. Thank you.
Posted Sun, 29 Dec 2013 in Breast Cancer

Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 2 hours later
Brief Answer: both suggest a biopsy Detailed Answer: HI, thanks for using healthcare magic The report from new world diagnostics indicated that there is an ill defined (no definite shape) mass on the left and they conclude by suggesting histopathological confirmation- this means that they suggest a biopsy of the lump to determine if it is benign (non cancerous) or malignant. The report from the spring field breast care centre states that there is large lesion in left upper mid breast ( the upper aspect of the left breast) and they categorise it as intermediate suspicious for cancer, they also suggest biopsy of the area. Both of these reports suggest a biopsy is needed. A biopsy involves removing the lump and sending it to the lab for analysis. In the lab they would be able to determine whether it was benign (non cancerous ) or not. It would be safer to have the biopsy done and find out what is happening exactly so that appropriate treatment can be started sooner rather than later. I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions