Ask a Urologist   »  

Need penis examined, get erection very readily. Should I go for examination?

Question
Had a physical last week. The doc is a personal friend. I started to get an erection while he checked my scrotum and testes. A bit embarassing. Didn't know what to say. I know that I do need to be checked. I also know that my entire penis needs to be examined. I am very sensitive and get an erection very readily. Should I just go for it?
Posted Mon, 1 Oct 2012 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 32 minutes later

The erection is mediated through nerves supplying the penis and the brain.Structural abnormalities or deformities cannot give rise to the problem you have .Hence, getting the penis examined do not give any clue into your condition.

Since the relay of erection mechanism is in the brain, mind controlling exercises would be of help.Do go for yoga and meditation, these help to control your mind and body and get rid of the problem you have.

This is not an uncommon condition and is not serious at al.Regular Masturbation can also cause decreased sensitivity in the penis and gets rid of the problem.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Need penis examined, get erection very readily. Should I go for examination? 22 hours later
Although he did not examine the shaft of the penis, nor did he retract the foreskin to examine the glans, I'm still embarassed in getting an erection the next time he examines me.We are friends socially and professionilly. Should I say something beforehand, or just let it happen and try to ignore the erection. My penis is very sensitive, and reacts very quicly even when my wife touches it. Please help. Thank you.

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 33 minutes later

Thanks for writing back.

There are no medications to abolish erection. Long term mind controlling exercises are one which can help in controlling such over sensitivity.

As I mentioned earlier there is no condition or an structural abnormality which leads to the problem you have.The problem has a relay in the mind and it is where you have to be trained to have a control over.

I do understand your situation when you get an erection where your friend is examining you , but the only immediate solution is ignoring the erection.This will automatically reverse it.

Hope I answered your query.