Need opinion regarding hormone levels in follicular phase test report

Endocrinologist
Question
Hi, I am from Hyderabad. My query is on breast enalrgement. I am 27 years old and I have barely B cup size. I have a kid and my breasts size did not increase during pregnancy also. Below are my blood test results done in FOLLICULAR phase. Estrogen-24.3(range is 19.2 to 144.6 pg/ml) Progesteron-0.43(range is 0.2 to 1.4 ng/ml) Testosteron-40.66(range is 20 to 70.66 ng/dl) Prolactin-9.19( range is 2.8 to 29.2 ng/ml) I feel all my harmonal levels are low. Currently I am working on decreasing testosterone levles and increase progesterone and estroggen levels. I would need help from a doctor(endocrinologist) to help me in this journey.
Posted Sun, 22 Dec 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems

Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 2 hours later
Brief Answer: What are your symptoms ma'm? Detailed Answer: Dear ma'm, you have a baby, you breastfed your baby , so everything seems normal, hormones being in the low normal range does not matter much. you said you are working on lowering testosterone levels, that can be done with medicines but only if that is required and if you have symptoms suggesting that you have high androgen working and low estrogen and progesterone preventing your feminity. Regards!

Follow-up: Need opinion regarding hormone levels in follicular phase test report 14 minutes later
The blood test show that I have more testosterone and low e2 and progesterone. Further I have high facial hair and hair on nipples. This shows that I have more androgens.

Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 13 hours later
Brief Answer: Hirsutism. Detailed Answer: Dear Ma'm If this hair growth is something new definitely you need treatment. before starting any hormonal replacement I would suggest you few more tests to find out the cause of hormonal imbalance. please check your LH , FSH , TSH , FT4, cortisol as well. all tests done fasting 8 am and on 2nd day of your periods. After the results we can take the call whether to treat and how to treat. Regards!

Follow-up: Need opinion regarding hormone levels in follicular phase test report 8 minutes later
Hello Doctor, ok if it should be taken on 2nd day of the period then I will have to wait till next month. Then what about breast enlargement? Is there a way to increase progesterone and estrogen?

Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 3 minutes later
Brief Answer: Medicines is the answer. Detailed Answer: Dear ma'm, hormonal imbalance will be restored with medicines as per the test reports. as far as breast enlargement is concerned that required cosmetic surgery called breast augmentation. Regards!

Follow-up: Need opinion regarding hormone levels in follicular phase test report 23 minutes later
Hi Doctor, I have already taken T3,T4,TSH tests and results are as follows. T3- 89 ng/dl (reference range is 60-200) T4-7.5mg/dl(reference range is 4.5-12) TSH-1.3(reference range is 0.3 to 5.5) Is it mandatory to take all other tests that you have mentioned for Hirsutism. Regarding breast enlargement- Does increasing progesterone and estrogen levels is breast enlargement not possible? I know many people who are doing that by taking bovine ovary and pueraria mirifica

Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 7 minutes later
Brief Answer: Other tests will be required for hirsutism. Detailed Answer: Dear ma'm , other tests will be required for going to the cause if your concern. breast augmentation will require plastic surgery. Regards!

Follow-up: Need opinion regarding hormone levels in follicular phase test report 7 minutes later
I do not want to have any surgery. If we keep aside Hirsutism.. is there any medication to lower testosterone?

Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 10 minutes later
Brief Answer: yes there are! Detailed Answer: Dear Ma'm, There are anti androgens and there are conjugated estrogens and progesterones. But what do you need will be decided only by your test reports. breast augmentation is not possible by medicines or hormones or creams , those are fake advertisements and they don't work. Regards!

Follow-up: Need opinion regarding hormone levels in follicular phase test report 43 minutes later
ok fine doctor. I actually need immediate medication for lowering testosterone..please let me know if you can provide me?

Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 1 hour later
Brief Answer: How will it help? Detailed Answer: Dear Ma'm I am really not sure how will it help you but I can tell you one thing if you try any such thing without evidence it will prevent you from actual diagnosis and might do more harm than benefit. for cosmetic reasons, if you are doing it, you will not see immediate results rather go for waxing or hair removing creams or laser. Still if you insist antiandrogens like cyproterone acetate can be taken. Reagards!