Need help is assessing the thyroid test report

Question
Need your assistance to diagnose my health problem, attaching my reports for your reference. Thanks
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later

I have gone through the reports. The thyroid hormone levels appear to be mildly deranged.The T3 levels raised and Tsh levels slightly below normal this condition is called Hyperthyroidism and you have milder form of it.
Other reports being fine.

I would say there is no need to worry as the derangement you have is not serious and the medication Dr Bansal has advised are specific and helpful.According to me you may not need to be on the medication for long time as such fluctuations are common in women of your age.The above levels do not cause any harm but it is essential for you to keep monitoring the levels regularly every 6 months ones.The medications you are on now could be stopped when two consecutive readings of the thyroid hormones are normal .

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

regards,

Follow-up: Need help is assessing the thyroid test report 14 hours later
Hello Doctor,

Thanks for your diagnose, but I think you studied the reports assuming female, but its of Male. Does it make any differance?

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later
Hi again,

I sincerely apologies in not having seen the gender mentioned keenly. There would be no difference in my opinion except that such thyroid disturbances are less common in males and the treatment modalities remain the same in both sexes.

Do continue on the same medication without worries.

Hope I answered all your questions. Please use any answer clarification before closing and rating this answer. I will be happy to explain or expand on any issue you may have.

Follow-up: Need help is assessing the thyroid test report 1 hour later
Thanks Doctor,

Please suggest me about diet, I have to follow for better recovery.Also suggest me some medicine to improve my Hb which is at 12.1 g/dl.

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 3 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

Do consume food with lots of vegetables like broccoli, brussels sprouts, cabbage, cassava root (found in tapioca) etc the above suppress the thyroid functioning and help you better.
XXXXXXX sources of dietary iron include red meat, poultry, lentils, beans, leafy vegetables, pistachios, tofu, fortified bread, and fortified breakfast cereals.
Iron is very essential to increase the haemoglobin naturally.

Also do take 10 ml of syrup DEXORANGE twice daily after food for a month to see a good improvement in the blood.