Need guidance for medicine and diet based on MRI report for liver and pancreas problem.

Gastroenterologist
Question
Dear Doctor I am attaching my latest medical report and i have consulted you earlier regarding my liver and pancreas problem during my visit to Banglore Fortis Banerhata unit. I am sending you my latest report and will look forward for your guidence in medicine and diet you can check my report status by searching my name i have also undergone MRI TESTS ALSO XXXXXXX 0000

My pass word is 0000

Kindly revert with the suggested medicine and diet.
Earlier I used to have CREON 0000 thrice daily
ALCOLIVE 500 twice daily
FINOLIP 500 once daily
RABIUM DSR once daily
LIBRIUM 10 two tablets before dinner

XXXXXXX
Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Poorna Chandra K.S 17 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX
I am sorry that i couldnot takeup your query on the XXXXXXX earlier as i was busy
Based on the reports attatched you have an acute pancreatitis secondary to hypertriglyceridemia.
It would help if you can provide some clinical details.
Inaddition you also have elevated liver enzymes probably secondary to pancreatitis only. However a co-exsistent hepatitis secondary to fatty liver cannot be ruled out.
At this level of triglycerides you need to get admitted to get these levels down. You would require iv infusions of heparin and insulin dextrose to reduce the triglycerides to less than 500mg/dl. Subsequent treatment can be with oral drugs and can be decided on further investigations.
Dr XXXXXXX

Follow-up: Need guidance for medicine and diet based on MRI report for liver and pancreas problem. 10 hours later
Dear Doctor

Normally how many days of hospitalization is reqired for iv infusions of heparin and insulin dextrose .

Ad for my elevated liver enzymes probably secondary to pancreatitis I was given the below medicines. Are they ok? Also kindly suggest medicine from your end
CREON 0000 thrice daily
ALCOLIVE 500 twice daily
FINOLIP 500 once daily
RABIUM DSR once daily
XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Poorna Chandra K.S 6 hours later
Hi and thanks for the follow up.

You need hospitalisation till your triglyceride levels come down to less than 500 mg%.

Rest medications you may continue till further investigations, later to define the cause of hepatitis.

I hope, I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow queries.

Wish you good health.

Dr XXXXXXX