Need emergency contraception. Cannot find one with progestin. Can cerazette be used?

I need emergency contraception asap.
I am trying to figure out which of the contraceptive pills that are available here will work as emergency contraception. However, I cannot find one with progestin (levonorgestrel) - can i use 20 tablets of cerazette instead levonorgestrel?Can these be used as morning after pill?
thank you very much for any advices
im well and healthy, dont smoke,
Posted Fri, 9 Aug 2013 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 49 minutes later
Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX Levonorgestrel 1.5mg tablet taken within 72hrs of sexual intercourse is very effective. If it is not available you can take combined oral contraceptive pills of any brand as contraception:

If you are using low dose pills containing combined oral contraceptive (COC) tablet contains 150 µg of Levonorgestrel I.P. and 30 µg of Ethinyl estradiol, then you have to take 4 pills at a time along with some antiemetic tablet. $ additional tablets after 12 hrs.

If you use high dose pill then, two tablets of (50 mcg ethinyl estradiol plus 0.5 mg norgestrel) followed in 12 hours by 2 additional tablets.

Cerazette which contains Desogestrel cannot be taken as emergency contraceptive pill.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow-ups. If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well. Please do not forget to accept it.
Thank you,
Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
You can consult me again directly through my profile