Need advice on breast cancer treatment

what is the best thing to do if you have a breast tumor/cancer? it is better to remove a 1 side of breast..
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later

“The treatment of breast cancer depends on the stage of cancer and its type”. It would have been better if you could have mentioned the stage and type of cancer.

In most of the cases radical mastectomy - removal of one side of breast along with regional lymph nodes is done. Further treatment depends on the histopathology report and the extent of spread of tumor.

Your surgeon is the best person to decide the best line of action for you according to your type of tumor.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Wish you good health.

Dr. Rakhi Tayal.