Need a good anti nausea oral medication?

General Surgeon
Question
Need a good anti nausia oral medication? Thanks XXXXX
Posted Sun, 29 Sep 2013 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. M Y Shareef 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need more information.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXX ! Good evening. I am Dr Shareef answering your query.

A bit more information will be helpful in answering your query:
1) Since when you are having nausea ? Is it all constant, or only on taking food ?
2) Are you on any medication for some particular health problem or post laminectomy ?
3) what is your dietary habit and bowel habit ?

The information on the above will help me in answering your query better. Till then, I would advise you to have frequent small meals instead of a single one. Wait till the nausea sensation is over before your food intake. Do not lie down on bed immediately after food.

Waiting for your reply. Thanks for using healthcare magic portal for your health query.

Follow-up: Need a good anti nausea oral medication? 1 hour later
Taking Hydroco/Acetamin 7.5-325 mg tab for post op pain. any narcotic causes me sever nausea. Surgeon not available so need non-narcotic po for nausia and vomiting. Thanks

Answered by Dr. M Y Shareef 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Anti emetics.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for responding with the information needed to answer your query.

Paracetamol 625 mg has got least nauseating effect, and so can be taken to relieve the pain in the back. The anti emetic you may chose may depend on your own tolerance and choice. Some people may get benefit just with a domperidone, while some may need ondansetrone to control your nausea. Therefore, you have to know whch anti emetic is suiting you the best by trial. Also you may have to take a proton pump inhibitor and a prokinetic drug along with a probiotic,

Also do not lie on bed immediately after food. You may divide your meals into small fractions which you may take in between. Avoid any food/drug which is known to cause you nausea. Regulate your dietary habits. Take more of roughage and a lot of liquids.

Also raise the head end of the bed so that there is facilitation of passage of food items and liquids without any statis which might be giving rise to nausea.

Wishing you all the luck.

YOUR 5 HOUR DELAY IN ANSWERING THE REPLY IS TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE!!! I WILL TRY TO TELL EVERYONE THAT YOUR SERVICE IS WORTHLESS!!! I UNFORTUATELY SPENT $ 18.00 FOR YOUR SERVICE. A GOOD LESSON LEARNED!!!!

Answered by Dr. M Y Shareef 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Regrets

Detailed Answer:

Since it's odd hours here in my country I have tried to answer your query as early as possible. Unfortunately, it appears that my answer did not match to your expectations. I am extremely sorry for the inconvenience. You can write to customer support team of XXXXXXX and they should be able to help you.