Need a diet plan to gain lean muscle mass

Nephrologist
Question
Hello i am an 18 year old whose working out 4 hours a day ( 1 houer weight lifting and the other three are mma training ) but I still have 10 extra kg of fat my weight is 83 and my bight is 177cm what ahold I do. ( I don't eat alot of unhealthy foods ) my meal plan starts with wakeinh up drink milk+ cereal for breakfast or eggs, protine + carbs for lunch, and protine+carbs for dinner.
What would be a good diet plan for an 18 year old male whose trying to lose fat and build strong mucels (not big)
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Diet Plans

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 2 hours later

Your diet plan looks ideal for someone trying to gain lean muscle mass. I would like to know more about your work outs and lifestyle in order to know what needs to be added or deleted

1. When did you start working out? How regular are you with your work outs? How many minutes of cardio exercise do you do?
2. Do you smoke or drink? If yes, then how much?
3. Are your sleeping and eating regular?
4. Do you take any supplements such as whey?
5. Could you approximate and tell me how much calories you consume on an average day?

Please get back to me with the answers; I am awaiting your reply

Follow-up: Need a diet plan to gain lean muscle mass 15 hours later
These are the answers to your question

I started working out with this intensity 4 months ago but I've always practiced other sports my whole life.

I don't drink and I don't smoke.

I am eating regular bUt I don't sleep in appropriate times I sleep at 3 in the morning and wake up at 2:00 in the afternoon

I am taking why protine ( no fat no carbs) + glutamine powder+ a supplement called L-carnitine 2000 mg ( fat transport, aci berry)

5. Could you approximate and tell me how much calories you consume on an average day? ( 2500- 3000)

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 7 hours later
Hello

Thanks for the query

To lose that extra 10 kilos you will have to do the following

1. Increase the amount of cardio exercises. Example running, cycling. Do for longer hours at a lower resistance. You should be able to achieve a heart rate of 140 beats/min. Most equipments have the option of measuring heart rate

2. When you are weight training, do lower weights for more number of times per set.

3. Your diet plan looks ideal. However you I would recommend you to start whey after you lose weight. Excess of proteins does contain calories which will get stored in your body. The amount of calories you are taking right now should be reduced to 2300-2500. If you are in a habit of midnight munching then stopping that will help.

4. Try to regularize your sleeping habits. Irregular sleeping habits adds to the weight gain.

I hope I have answered your query, if there are no further queries please accept my answer.

I wish you good health