Neck tightening, difficulty breathing, dizziness, body tingling. What do you think it is?

Hi, I have had weird symptoms. Last night I felt faint and had to lay down, my neck tightened severely and i had difficulty breathing, (thought I was having a heart attack but I'm 30 and am very healthy). So, I had some juice, thought it was low sugar. The symptoms went away and I even ran last night. This morning, I was at work very early (I'm a personal trainer) and the same symptoms came on again. I felt faint, dizzy, difficulty breathing and my neck was tightening. (I only slept 2.5 hours last night). So I canceled my clients, I felt awful, I had to lay down and put my feet up. I considered calling an ambulance 3 or so times because I didn't know what it was. I had some orange juice and some honey cause I think it might be from low sugar and, after about 2.5 hours it went away. Then I just slept for 3 hours but when I woke up, same symptoms of difficulty breathing, neck throbbing, tingling in the body. What do you think it is?
Posted Wed, 19 Sep 2012 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 2 hours later
Dear friend,

You are 29, eating low sugar diet of late, sleeping less and feeling dizzy, difficulty breathing and tightening neck muscles, getting better with lying down and eating sugars.
The things I can think of are:
1. hypoglycaemia -low sugar- correcting with rest and sugar intake
2. cardiac presyncope- do you fall unconscious briefly? roll your eyes? frothing at mouth? did anyone described you doing these things when dizzy?
3. heart rhythm disorder- can you count your pulse? regular? missed beats? palpitations?
4- other causes of presyncope
5- stress disorder

I think you should go to the ER (Emergency Room), get sugar (BSL), an EKG and physical done to get to the cause.
sometimes greater evaluations will have to be done if BSL, EKG normal.
take rest, do not worry, keep sugars handy, call for help, keep a company till you are fully alright. do not venture out alone.

I hope to have answered your query satisfactorily.
Take care and please keep me informed of your progress.
Good Luck !
May I request for your rating and review of this answer before you close the query?(now or after any follow up queries are answered and you accept the answers)

Thank you !