Neck pressure, fatigue, loss of appetite, stool, ptosis in eye, weakness. No lymph nodes, drop in BP

Orthopaedic Surgeon
i have been having warm feeling in my neck with pressure and also tremendous fatigue loss appetite and soft stool (2 a day only) since 6 wks , i feel i am getting better for couple of days then it come back, i also have a very mild ptosis on one eye since 10 month. A had a MRI is it negative , a neurologist saw me and exam me and said it normal (only muscle tension in my neck)my cbc sedimentation rate and thyroid is normal, no fever, no swolen lymph nodes, a bit of postural drop in my blood pressure. I am back from a mat LOA and usually i am full of energy and now i can't barely work...i was never sick and never miss work, i am discourage... i feel so weak intermittenly and can barely manage to work ( had to call sick several time)
Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 19 minutes later
Generalized weakness, fatigue, loss of appetite, muscle soreness and general feeling of being ill is commonly associated with a generalized viral syndrome. Since you have already been examined by your physician and all your routine investigations including thyroid profile are normal, there does not seem to be any serious issue with you.
Your symptoms can be due to a metabolic disorder like diabetes , blood sugar maybe fluctuating. You need to monitor your blood glucose levels closely.
There is a strong possibility of these symptoms being due to anxiety neurosis.
For generalized viral syndrome, I would advise that you support your body with good hydration, adequate sleep, a well-balanced diet and a moderate exercise regimen. Exercise is actually good for the immune system which is why I suggest it here. In addition you can supplement your diet with some Vitamin C - 1000 mg daily and consider drinking some immune boost type of tea such as Echinacea which is readily available at most supermarkets.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.