Neck pain, sore throat. What to do?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
HI. For few days now, been having this pain on the left side of my neck. Only for a second or so when it comes (as if someone has pinched a needle on my neck). Sometime it comes every few minutes, and sometime don't have it for few hours. Feels like a nerve or something just below the jaw down to the side of the neck but not really sure.

Been having sore throat for the last few days due to allergy (Been working on a very dusty place)
Posted Wed, 3 Oct 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Pain on the side of the neck that is momentary could be due to a lymph node swelling in the area due to the allergic sore throat.
Other cause could be a muscle spasm or a nerve root irritation at the level of cervical spine. Most of the times such mild symptoms do subside on their own after adequate rest. Taking methylcobalamin supplements and avoiding using a pillow will be helpful.
In case the pain persists or is aggravated then stronger prescription medicines may be needed after an examination.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.