Neck pain radiating to thumb, taking Topamax. Can medication cause vomiting?

Spine Surgeon
I have neck pain radiating down my right arm into my thumb and first two fingers. I have been taking the following topamax 200mg for migraines, 100mg lyrica, 60mg cymbalta, 8mg tizanidine. No one has been able to reduce the pain. MRI cannot be done as I have cervical spondylosis,kyphosis. Can taking all these meds cause me to vomit? I have tried everything to help with the pain: PT, Chiropractor, Massage, Accupuncture, Medications, Spinal Injections, Epidurals, Nerve Blocks.
Posted Wed, 12 Sep 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. S K Mishra 2 hours later

I have gone through the details submitted with diligence and I understand your concern. However I would be in a better position to answer your queries if you can provide the following information:
1. You mentioned "images show just cervical spondylosis / kyposis" - What images you have? X-rays??
2. For what problem are you using the cord stimulator?

If the images are only X-rays, you can undergo Multi Detector Computed Tomography (MDCT) cervical spine scan (64 slices or above). This may show disc bulges and osteophytes. We can be able to address the issue accordingly.

As far as vomiting is concerned, yes, the drugs you are on, can induce nausea/vomiting. If you are facing vomiting spells, please report back to your doctor.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you have further concerns.

Follow-up: Neck pain radiating to thumb, taking Topamax. Can medication cause vomiting? 19 hours later
I had an MRI done prior to having the spinal cord implanted for my lower spine. I have nerve issue in my left leg in which the spinal cord stimulator helps me with. The MRI did not show much in the cervical spine for compression, just arthritis and reversal of curvature in my neck etc. I also have had a ct scan done but nothing shows up on that as well. Same as what mri showed. Pain is awful. Thank you for answering my question.
Answered by Dr. S K Mishra 32 hours later
Thank you for writing back.
Please do get back if you have any additional concerns